If you are visiting Jaipur, then Nahargarh is one of the finest places in the city. You can witness the architectural beauty of this Nahargarh fort Jaipur.
Situated in the mighty Aravali mountain range, this fort offers a view of Jaipur city from the heights. It is an almost 300 years old fort that was the primary defense line in those times, other than Amer and Jaigarh Fort.
Nahargarh Fort History
It was initially commissioned by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II in 1734. The key structure of Madhvendra Bhawan in this fort was built by Sawai Madho Singh for hunting for the royal family.
The walls around the city are connected to the Jaigarh fort. It was initially named Sundarshangarh, but later it was changed to Nahargarh.
It was done because it was assumed that the spirit of Rathore prince Nahar Singh Bhomia roamed in the fort. Jaipur State Government used to fire a shot with a gun to signal the time in the city till the year 1944.
Nahargarh Fort Architecture
This fort has never faced any attack throughout its history. The architecture of the fort is of Indo-European style. There are temples on the premises of the fort. The entrance called Tadigate is also very beautifully designed.
Nine suites for nine queens are also very famous, and you can find a kitchen, lobby, and bedroom in each one of them. The two-step wells at the fort are also a treat to the eyes.
You can enjoy the best sunset view with this fort in Jaipur. You can also enjoy the Jaipur Wax Museum and Sheesh Mahal in the Nahargarh fort as well.
Some Facts That You Should Know About Nahargarh Fort
- The Jaipur Wax Museum in the fort was inaugurated by actor Govinda in the year 2016. It has wax statues of various famous personalities.
- The Sheesh Mahal has 2.5 million glass pieces of different colors. It stays open seven days a week from 10 in the morning to 6.30 in the evening. The entry fee for Indians is 500 INR and 700 for foreign nationals.
- Many famous Bollywood films like Rang De Basanti, Sonar Kella, and Shuddh Desi Romance are shot in this fort.
Things to do in Nahargarh Fort Jaipur
Nahargarh has so much to offer. You will surely enjoy your time in the fort. Here are some of the key things to do when you are visiting Nahargarh Fort.
- You can enjoy the trekking experience in the fort.
- You can visit Nahargarh Biological Park there as it is on the premises of the fort.
- You can visit the sculpture park, which is a collection of sculptures from medieval times.
- The Royal Gaitor Tombs has the tombs of many rulers of Jaipur. It is situated nearby the fort.
- The Sheesh Mahal and Wax Museum are the primary attraction of the fort.
Nahargarh Fort Timings
It stays open for visitors seven days a week.
- Opening Time: 10.00 AM
- Closing time: 5.30 PM
Nahargarh Fort Ticket Price
Visiting fee for Nahargarh Fort Jaipur is different for Indian citizens and foreign citizens.
- Indian citizens: 50 INR
- Indian students: 5 INR
- Foreign citizens: 200 INR
You can also buy composite tickets that include prices for multiple places. It also offers free entry on special days, which are:
- World Heritage Day: 18th April
- World Tourism Day: 27th September
- World Museum Day: 18th May
- Rajasthan Day: 30th March
Book Reliable and Cost-Efficient Taxi With Us!
Nahargarh fort is one of the most beautiful historical places to visit in the pink city. You can relive the era of kings with forts like these.
We are the best service providers in cab services. We are the best name in the outstation cab service in Jodhpur. We offer a wide variety of vehicles to choose from as a cab.
You can book Jodhpur to Jaipur taxi and enjoy hassle-free rides at very reasonable prices with Royal Rajasthan cab services.
Leave a Reply